Radisson Hotel Group

Radisson Hospitality, Inc. trading as Radisson Hotel Group is an American multi-national hospitality group. The company started as a division of Carlson Companies, which owned Radisson Hotels, Country Inns & Suites and other brands. In 1994, Carlson signed a franchise agreement with SAS International Hotels (SIH), which SIH started to use the brand Radisson SAS in the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets. In 2005, Carlson acquired 25% shares of SIH, at that time known as Rezidor SAS Hospitality. In 2010, Rezidor Hotel Group (former Rezidor SAS) became a subsidiary of Carlson. Since then, the enlarged hotel group had a new trading name Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, which was one of the top hotel corporations in 2013. In 2016, Carlson Companies sold Carlson–Rezidor to Chinese conglomerate HNA Group. However, in 2018, HNA Group re-sold Carlson–Rezidor to Jin Jiang International Holdings. In the fourth quarter of 2017, Carlson Hotels, Inc., the holding company of the group, was renamed to Radisson Hospitality, Inc., while the listed subsidiary Rezidor Hotel Group AB, was renamed to Radisson Hospitality AB.

Curt Carlson, founder of the namesake company, bought Radisson Hotel in downtown Minneapolis; in 1962 (Radisson Hotel Group claimed it was 1960). 40 years later, the hotel division of Carlson had expanded into one of the top hotel corporations, as of 2013. On top of Radisson Hotels, the division also owned several other brands, such as Park Inn, Park Plaza (acquired in 2000), Country Inns & Suites (founded by Carlson in 1986) and etc. The division acquired the brand Regent in 1997, but sold the brand in 2010.

In February 2014, Rezidor Hotel Group terminated the license agreement of Hotel Missoni. Rezidor’s Hotel Missoni Edinburgh and Hotel Missoni Kuwait, would ceased to use the brand Hotel Missoni not later than June 30, 2014.In the same month, two new brands of the group were introduced, namely Quorvus Collection and Radisson Red.In March 2016, Rezidor Hotel Group acquired 49% stake of hotel chain prizeotel, for €14.7 million, with a future rights to acquire the remaining 51% shares.

In the fourth quarter of 2017, Carlson Hotels, Inc., the US-based holding company of the Carlson–Rezidor group, was renamed to Radisson Hospitality, Inc.However, Radisson Hotel Group was sold to a consortium led by Jin Jiang International Holdings in August 2018. According to the press release, Radisson Hotel Group had more than 1,400 hotels in operation and under development at that time. As of December 2017, the listed subsidiary Rezidor Hotel Group was operating 369 hotels.

Current

  • Radisson
  • Radisson Blu
  • Radisson Collection
  • Radisson Red
  • Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
  • Park Plaza
  • Park Inn by Radisson

Former

  • Hotel Missoni (license agreement was terminated in 2014)
  • Regent (sold in 2010)

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, formerly Country Inns & Suites by Carlson and Country Inns by Carlson, is a hotel chain of the Radisson Hotel Group (former Carlson Hotels). It was established by the former Carlson Hotels’ owner, Carlson Companies in 1986 as a “middle-class” brand.The sister brand, Radisson Hotels was classified as full-service, upscale brand of the group. Carlson Companies also owned the namesake, Country Kitchen restaurant chain at that time.In January 2018, two years after Carlson sold Carlson–Rezidor hotel group to HNA Group, the chain was rebranded into “Country Inn & Suites by Radisson”.

Radisson Collection

Radisson Collection was formerly known as Quorvus Collection from 2014 to 2018. Quorvus Collection was introduced in 2014 as a luxury brand. The first hotel of former Rezidor Hotel Group in Copenhagen, was converted to use Radisson Collection brand.

PPHE Hotel Group, licensee of Park Plaza brand in Europe and the Middle East regions; PPHE Hotel Group also owned art’otel and other brands, and participated in Radisson Hotel Group’s loyalty program, Radisson Rewards.

Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial